FOR SEXUALITIES, CULTURES, AND POLITICS
(18-23 August 2019, Belgrade, Serbia)
Research Center for Cultures, Politics and Identities (IPAK.Center)
and Department for Critical Political Studies (Faculty for Media and Communications, Singidunum Univeristy, Belgrade)
- Confirmed lecturers:
- Luce Irigaray (Centre Nationale de la Recherche Scientifique, France)
- Karen Barad (University of California Santa Cruz, USA)
- Tiziana Terranova (University of Naples, Italy)
- Svetlana Slapsak (Institutum Studiorum Humanitatis, Slovenia);
- Jelisaveta Blagojević (Faculty of Media and Communications, SINGIDUNUM University, Serbia)
- The school consists of the following elements:
- Video lecture by prof. Luce Irigaray followed by a seminar by Prof. Jelisaveta Blagojević, Lectures, Seminars, Cultural and Activist Programme, and Open Lectures Programme.
Dear friends and colleagues, it is our greatest pleasure to publish the poster for this year's 7th edition of the Summer School for Sexualities, Cultures and Politics 2019. This year the poster design is made by our dearest friend, the artist Velimir Zernovski, and is from Zernovski's "Beyond" series 2019.
The "Beyond" series of Zernovski are Inspired by the popular images of the NASA /National Aeronautics and Space Administration/ and ESA /European Space Agency/ in contrast with a series of video production from the Earth landscapes and lonely astronauts in space with minimalistic aesthetic approach this project mirrors the melancholic path of the human interaction with nature. It shares a concern for the environmental human-caused changes and urges the need to contribute to the awareness about the fragility of our planet and her sustainable life.